Daily Extras -
Add 7 squats per minute.
- We've done enough running this week, but not enough burpees. Hehe. Stand up all the way to finish off your burpee with hips extended. No half-hunching your burpee jump.
- Do the pushups strict. If you run out of strict-ability, you may snake, but try your hardest to stay strict the whole 25 min.
EMBRACE THE SUCK!
I've seen a lot of things work for folks. Everybody is a bit different, but there are few methods & techniques that the most successful of folks seem to have in common. Here are a couple of the many I've noticed:
- They commit. Like, wild horses couldn't pull them away from their commitment to better health and fitness. Seems like a simple step, but most folks (90% + of folks who begin the journey to health and fitness quit within 6 months) seem to go at this health pursuit with one foot in the door and the other foot out. We would never ask you to commit your entire life to this pursuit (unless your life is eminently hanging in the balance). It doesn't take THAT much effort. Plus it's not healthy. But, giving a 50% effort to what's required is a sure recipe for utter failure.
- They Develop a healthy support system. Easiest way to do this is grab a friend and drag them along with you. If you don't have a friend as committed as you are - make one. Remember, it's now 2016. We know "workout buddies" that live states away from each other. Some of these folks have never been eyeball to eyeball.
- They Embrace the SUCK. Tap dance around the pain (slight soreness, hunger, changing lifestyle habits) all you want. Eventually you'll have to pay the piper. Anyone who says differently is selling something. Most often (read: EVERYTIME), what they are selling amounts to nothing more than a way to pay the piper TWICE.
View this post on Instagram
🖤Here's an Alt. for the walking twist lunge!🖤 #gpp #gppfit #gppfitness #community #gppeeps #optimalhealth #aspectsofhealth #fitness #fitnessfamily #fitnessservesyou #getfit #neilanderson #hq #gym #alts #twistlunge #resistancebands #stroops #workout #fitutah #utahfitness #protip #trainertips #obliques #hipflexors @stroopsfitness