We changed a couple of things about our "normal" Dirty 30 workout.
- We added a couple of rounds. Last time we did this, some of you got it done in 10-12 mins. For the purposes of this week, we'd like to put a little more time under tension.
- We changed the reps on the deads. Very high rep deads with heavy (relatively) weight is sketchy. Let's err on the side of caution with these.
- We changed out the pullups to Aussies. 90 Aussies is NO JOKE. For those of you who are new to this movement - SCALE! For those of you who haven't done a lot of Aussies in the last month - SCALE!
- When we program "shoulders to OH" you may get the bar OH however you see fit. The rules are: take the bar from resting on the collar bones to full extension with bar locked out directly above your COG. It doesn't have to be strict, but it can be if you like. You could PP it too. You could also Jerk it. Hell, do a combination of all three in every set. We're cool.
- A word about the K2S movement: We love it. Seriously. The stimulus provided to your abdominals, especially your lower abs, is truly unique. There are very few exercises that are so specific to lower ab development. Here is the thing though, we don't completely relish the thought of you hanging from a bar while raising your feet above your waist. What if your grip were to slip while your feet were in the raised position? Without your feet hanging below you, the first thing to hit the ground might be your back. Worse, it could be your head. The back of it.
- Pay special attention to your grip and fatigue levels today. See to it that you are 100% confident of your grip strength & position at all times. If you are unfamiliar with this move, slow the movement WAY DOWN and practice it by lifting your legs without allowing your body to swing. If grip is an issue please alt with v-ups.
I think this workout needs to come back around. It's been since 2012.