Daily Extras - Only if you HATE yourself :).
100 weighted walking lunges 15/30 ea. (1+1=2)
- You don't want to start with the KB swings. Wait to do them until after the crunches. In fact, it'll be best if you perform the warm-up exercises in the order written.
- Thrusters are notorious for making your back twinge if you get out of whack a bit (poor form). Be careful with the weight you select.
- Thrusters are also notorious soremakers. This is redundant, but BE CAREFUL.
- Remember, thrusters are about generating drive from your hips to drive the bar OH.
- Notice the weights for the walking lunges. Any time you see "ea" after the weight suggestions, you are expected to do a weight in EACH hand.
- If your hams and glutes are roughed up tomorrow, give us a "HELL YEAH!" in comments.
Got the Summer blahs? Believe it or not, more people get out of shape and gain weight in the summer, than over the holidays.
See it with my eyes - every year.
I'm never sure if this is because, we are programmed to put weight on for the winter, or if it's because the hot sun makes us feel lazy. Maybe it's because we get so busy running kids around and vacationing that we over-estimate our activity level. Doesn't really matter why. Bottom line is - it happens.
RX+ week will pull you out of it. Please join us for the fun next week. Commit to it NOW and come and storm with us. We are keeping it indoors this year. All the programming will be done via the gym. Plan on doing a "normal" GPP workout and a more bodyweight oriented workout each day. Yep, 2-a-days! It'll be fun. Take the next several days to get your mind right - then commit to it. It'll help - promise.
Lindso doesn't skip a beat while on vacation! LOVE this!