Daily Extras -
- Palms forward or back?
- In general, we don't really care. As long as you display the correct fundamentals of a BB bent row, you'll get the intended benefits.
- What hand position comes down to is emphasis. Do you want the emphasis of this movement to be on your arms, or would you like the emphasis to be on your inter-scapular muscles?
- If you are looking for more emphasis on the fronts of your arms (biceps), do the move with palms facing forward. Doing so puts the biceps in a more direct line of pull causing it to do more work.
- If you are looking to more fully develop the muscles of your upper back, turn your grip around so that your palms are facing backwards. Doing so wraps the biceps tendon around the radius bone of your lower arm. Your body hates to pull around steep corners so it will more directly recruit the muscles of the upper back adding to overall upper back development.
- 250m row half speed? - Focus on getting the most out of your row. Use THIS video for reference. Remember, legs - hips - then arms. Longer strokes are faster, generally. You may consider slowing your stroke to get the most out of each pull.