STAB = (shoulders,triceps, abs & biceps)
Class does reps in unison on trainers count:
Shoulder Medley - 4 rounds
Triceps Medley - 4 rounds
Ab Medley - 4 rounds
Biceps 21s - 4 rounds (see demo)
7 bottom to half 25/45
7 half to full 25/45
7 full 25/45
Post Rx or reps completed to comments.
Daily Extras -
It's a 45 min workout. You won't need extra. Your all good here. If you need a little more, go heavier during the workout. See warnings below first!
- This is a "soremaker!" Unfortunately the only thing that will prepare you for STAB is - STAB!. It's been a long time since we've done this. Those of you who choose to Rx are likely going to feel it for a couple of days! Rookies, don't even try it!
- Try leaning over a smidge (like 20-30 deg) while doing upright rows. Doing so will help isolate and target your rear delts. This will finish the shoulders more nicely since front raises work primarily the fronts of your delts & OH DB presses target mid delts. Only thing left are rear delts.
- In the old days, we only had 3-4 people (out of several hundred) finish all of the triceps complexes. If you are ready - push yourself to get them all! If you get every rep with good form you will have accomplished what others have said was impossible (Seriously, a couple of ladies heckled me the first time we did this workout. They were, like "it's IMPOSSIBLE to Rx this. They were trainers. They stormed out & NEVER came back. It's true, the first day hardly anyone Rx'd this. But, now everyone does. IN YOUR FACE stupid ladies.)
- Take NO REST during abs. We break 30 - 60 secs between rounds of the arm stuff. We don't break at all during abs. Just keep rocking till all the reps are done. This has a cool effect. A cardio effect. Makes you breath heavily and cranks on the rain (IOW you'll get a bit sweaty).
- Not that the biceps 21s aren't hard enough, but IF you are looking for more out of this movement, do them backwards. IOW take "rests" in the mid position with arms bent at 90 degrees. That'll fire em up - TYT!