4 rounds with great form @ moderate speed:
20 stab twist crunch R
20 stab twist crunch L
20 twisting good morning (low weighted) R 15/20
20 twisting good morning (low weighted) L 15/20
20 tick tocks R
20 tick tocks L
20 rev. KB woodchoppers R 25/35
20 rev. KB woodchoppers L 25/35
20 side ups R
20 side ups L
Post Rx, or reps completed to comments.
Daily Extras - Complete:
- The videos for the twist crunches and good mornings are showing an alternating movement. For the purposes of this workout do all 20r to the same side before switching.
- If you are off-site and don't have a stab ball, sub piri crunches for stab crunches.
- HERE is a great explanation of the wood chopper movement (except it's a reverse).
- If you haven't achieved a dull ache (burn) in the targeted muscles (obliques generally) by the 10th R of the movement - slow down/form up. OK, maybe not with the wood choppers.
- Remember, tick tocks are only effective with full ROM. Sometimes we hurry these and waste the benefits.
- Careful now, this workout has made folks VERY sore afterwards. Almost STUPID SORE. It was sneaky too! After the workout most said they "didn't feel a thing!" If those words ever cross your lips - brace yourself - usually a painstorm is a'comin. Scale for intensity (weights) and volume (rounds/reps) if you are unsure.
- Put a hurry on between exercises. NOT during! Just move quickly between exercises.
The Keys to the Kingdom