Warm-up by performing 2 light sets sets of each movement below. Use reps suggested per exercise for warm-up. Second set should be slightly heavier than the first.
With ea. rep at 2-0-2-0 speed, complete 4 rounds of:
Post alts (if any) plus instructions to future self for how to get more out of this workout next time.
Daily Extras - 20 mins of steady state cardio. Running, bike, rope jumps, combination?
- Go to the burn on each mvmt.
- Use heavier weights (if needed) to achieve burn.
- Use lighter weights (if needed) to achieve burn.
- chinup alt (bands)
- Also, think about doing pull-downs.
- Take those v-ups at a super slow speed.
- You are not on the clock. Do not perform this workout for time.
- Do the extras today!
- Rounds = from the OH, straight over to the fr squat, to the chins, to the Vs. This workout is not done in supersets nor straight sets.
Do You Sauna? You Should.
Those who sauna regularly (2-3x/wk) have 27% less chance of dying of cardiovascular disease! This is compared to those who sauna just 1x/wk.
Apparently, this has to do with expanding and contracting blood vessels caused by full-body heating and cooling. Those expanding and contracting blood vessels are also thought to help increase brain function and decr. sexual dysfunction.
Sessions have to last 10-20 mins each, but you have to build up to it.
Last week I had a conversation with a guy. A very (almost) judgmental conversation where he was very accusingly asking me "where's the stretching in your programming?" He goes, "I've done more than a handful of workouts and you've never stretched us once."