1 min hollow rock (count reps down + back =1)
1 min hanging side ups (count reps R + L = 1)
1 min weighted situps (close body) 15/20 (count reps)
1 min weighted back extensions 7/12 (count reps)
1 min reverse burpee 15/20 (count reps)
Rest 1 min between each round.
The clock does NOT stop between exercises.
Count total reps and post to comments.
This workout is an adaptation from a CrossFit.com workout.
Daily Extras - Do the championship rounds (2 more)
- It is tricky to get the most out of the 3 rounds this workout calls for. Generally, we are programmed to work at a certain pace here at GPP. That pace seems to innervate and carry over to this workout. The thing is, this workout is meant to go at a much higher pace than what you might expect. A more constant pace, with Less rest. Since the rests are programmed into this workout, you won't need them during. OK, you'll need them but you'll get more benefit if you DON'T take them.
- To do this one right, be looking ahead to where you need to go next. Do reps ALL THE WAY to the bell, then sprint to the next area and begin doing reps immediately. If you look at the clock (after your first rep) to see that 20 seconds have gone by already you've missed fully 1/3 of this workout. Yep, that's an entire round of a 3 round workout.
- Those of you who ask to have the clock set to 2 more rounds (a championship fight), check yourself. Be sure you gave it your all during the 3 rounds, before asking for more.
- If you're that (pick a word "crazy, ballistic, self-tormenting), we are happy to give you those last 2 rounds. :)
- This workout is an adaptation from a CrossFit.com workout.
I Don't Have Time to Waste My Time Anymore
I used to think that it was a good thing to work as hard as I could all day and into the night. That an 18 hour slog of a day at work was my, I dunno, contribution(?) to society. That the longer and harder I worked every day, the more, I dunno, worthy(?) I was. Worthy to be a father to my kids, worthy to be your friend, worthy to be JUST LOVED in general.
I'm beginning to feel differently.
I was raised a Northern Utah farmer/rancher's son. Where I'm from, 14-18 hr days of hard labor are worn as a badge of honor. If you spent a wussified and measly 8 hr day working in the fields you'd never mention it to the guys. In fact, if you strung enough of those scanty and insufficient days together and stood by them as your body of work, the guys at the Cross-X Cafe would stop sitting by you at coffee in the morning. Mostly they'd do this because they'd be embarrassed to be associated with such a spineless, lilly-liver of a human. But also, they'd be afraid that your wussitis was contagious.
I'm learning, albeit slowly, that this is a huge mistake. That the myth of trading time for productivity is silly and selfish. That selfishness doesn't just rob the quality of life from me, it robs quality of life from everyone I love and hold dear. Yep, I loved the guys at the Cross-X, but I'm beginning to recognize that maybe I loved the accolades for a hard day's work more than the benefits my people (family, friends), or I would receive from the work. That's just dumb.
I've got a buddy who is, right now, travelling to California to climb Mt. Whitney. Took the whole week off to drive to Cali and hike a hill. He's stopping at cool places he mapped out along the way (Instagram link below) to experience even more from life. Not his words, mine, but I recognize that's what he's doing. Even if he doesn't. But I'll bet he does.
I envy him. I'm also very proud of him and have chosen to emulate him. Maybe not with a vacation to hike a hill, but surely there is more I can do to enjoy life more fully. Surely there is more I can do to stop wasting time and being more present, productive and living more in the moment.
3 Things I Will Do Today To Make My Day More Productive:
- I will check emails only 2x/day.
- I will complete my most important task of the day by noon daily.
- I will stop watching/reading the daily news. Sometimes I feel I'm dumber for trying to become more informed.
What things will you do today to be more productive?