- I wrote this workout because of an ongoing joke I had with Meg a bunch of years back. She was still coaching classes and working out daily, right up to her due date with Ryker (3rd child). She was a little frustrated and SUPER TIRED. You know that look little mamas get in their eyes around the end of the 40th week? Meg had it at 36! Haha! Anyway, I told her, if she was still carrying him by week 40, I'd help her out a bit. Funny thing is, SHE DID THE "WATER BREAKER" WORKOUT at week 40. And NO ... it didn't break her water!
- Even though it didn't really work for Meg, be careful with this one all you little prego mamas!
- "But wait! Isn't it bad for pregnant people to exercise?" Um, get with the times, man. Literally hundreds of ladies have done GPP while pregnant. Many, many of them have worked out at GPP in the morning and gone to deliver their babies later that day.
- Questions about working out while pregnant? Read THIS.
- Just because others have done GPP while pregnant, doesn't mean you shouldn't consult your doctor first. Make sure you do! Then storm it! Unless she says, "You have a very particular limitation that precludes you working out while pregnant."
Some things just go without saying. They don't need commentary. Sometimes I feel compelled to write something about ideas I post. As I mature I feel less and less so. I'm going to leave this one (below) as is. Would love to discuss thoughts about it with you in person, or online if you care to. Otherwise, please read the ideas below and ponder on them. If you are REALLY brave, post thoughts to comments.
The TPB, The Subjective Norm and Your Health
The Theory of Planned Behavior (TPB) - Developed in 1985 by University of Massachusetts psychologist Icek Ajzen. It suggests that if you want to change your behavior for the better, you'll be more successful if you attach tangible goal.
"If you can't measure it, you can't manage it." - Peter Drucker
The Subjective Norm - The thought that participating in the behavior of those deemed important in your life is most acceptable. If you believe other people (especially those closest to you) are supportive of your behavior (i.e. exercise) you will be more successful continuing the behavior.
Your Health - Is more likely to be improved, in part, by combining the above principles. GPP suggests entering an active event (5k, 10k, half, Dirty Dash, cycling tour, etc.) with friends.
Candice alts the pushups at 40 weeks! Good luck today Cand! We are all thinking about you and your fam today! I'm guessing ... 8lb 8oz bouncing baby boy?