Daily Extras -
You have 10 minutes to complete 100 pushups (strict from toes).
Post DONE! to comments, or total number strict reps completed.
- SLRs shouldn't be initiated from hips or low back. If you are using monkey motion to complete these, drop weight and form up!
- Bending the elbows makes side lateral raises easier. That's why people (read: dudes) do it. They suppose moving bigger weights makes them alpha! Forget the fact that by bending the arms they reduce the length of the lever arm. IOW, they are cheating and missing the fitness in this movement, oh and also the point of it. The point of this movement is to shape deltoids. If you initiate the movement with the hips (we'll touch on that in another post), and bend your arms you'll mainly miss the shoulders altogether.
- Great in-depth demo of a SLR. Did you notice he didn't even look away from the camera at :36s. He picked the DBs up without looking! You may take 5 sec off your time EVERY time you do this today. :)
- Not everyone is built to do high sumos. Your shoulder anatomy might be such that you get pain in your shoulder joints. If this is you, consider what Curtis Jolley PT MOMT has to say about it.
- You may use monkey motion all you want on high sumos! In fact, to do them correctly, you should initiate movement from your hips.
Someone took her! Had her hanging on the wall at GPP HQ and now she's gone. I'm pretty sad about it. This beautiful machine helps me get my mind right. She's my murder repellant. She's my vehical for keeping in touch with my boys! She's often my business office. She kept me sane through a pretty rough year (divorce, car stolen, pneumonia, etc). I need her back please. If you see her, please bring her home.
Just bring her back. Hang it back up on the hook you took it from in the back. Walk away. No questions asked.