Compete 5 rounds of the following exercises. Each exercise is to be followed immediately (no rest) by a burnout set of "pulse" reps as below.
10 goblet squats 15/20 - goblet squat pulse burnout 15/20
10 seated DB bent row 15/20 ea. - seated DB bent pulse burnout 15/20 ea.
10 seated DB OH press (strict) 15/20 ea. - seated DB OH pulse burnout 15/20 ea.
10 triceps cable p/d 4/8 - triceps cable pulse burnout 4/8
10 BB biceps curls 25/45 - BB biceps pulse burnout 25/45
20 situps - pulse crunch burnouts
Try your best to count pulses. Post number of pulses per set and perceived concentration level (1-10 scale) to comments.
Daily Extras - Add 2 rounds and SLOW THE HELL DOWN!
- Do reps slowly with near perfect form. Start the burn here.
- The reps of 10 should be done at 2-0-2-0 speed.
- Pulse burnouts run concurrent to their corresponding sets. No rest here. Put together, the exercise and it's pulses should look like only 1 set. Pulse to utter failure, or until form breaks down. Rookies ignore.
- Move quickly between exercises. No rest.
- No cables to p/d? Do OH triceps ext. Pulse in the bottom of the movement with elbow angle smaller than 90 degr.
- The final set (#5) is the most important. Vets, focus and push with all you've got. Rookies - ignore that!
- In this workout, there is a point at which you'll WANT to quit performing reps. This is the wrong place to stop. Stop at the point where you CAN'T perform good reps. Again, rookies ignore!
This from Marlayna H. touched me...
"This is why I workout." - My grandaughter "Monkey"