Daily Extras -
100 burpees for time.
- If the weather is bad where you are, do a 2 min cardio equivalent for the run.
- The step down portion of this workout messes with your nervous system.
- Your nervous system prefers to do things in bundles using similar signals. This workout puts the upper part of your body at complete odds with the lower.
- Ever rub your belly while patting your head? It's THAT, only add weights and try not to crash!
- When you step down from a 15" box, you lengthen the large muscles of the lower body. This demands very specific input from your nervous system. When you combine this with a shortening of the large muscles of the upper body, it requires an equal, but opposite input. When you put the two demands together - in the same move - the benefits are unique.
- Albeit frustrating - at first. Don't worry. You'll get it.
- This "great demand" on your nervous system requires more coordination, balance and accuracy vs. more "traditional" movements. It also requires more focus on your part. Add to this the value of an absolutely killer workout and you are walking away with some cool stuff (bruises are cool, right?) at the end of this one.
Getting closer to being done at SL Tennis & Health! Got our first shipment of equipment in! Those 6 lb Dynamax balls are SWEET!