Daily Extras - Do the "Plus" version. That's 2 extra rounds.
Be warned, doing the "PLUS" will extend your workout into the next class period. You'll likely need to be a little patient and not be on the clock, or just wait a couple min while the trainer demos the workout for the next class.
- How are you feeling this week?
- The GPP Soreness Scale - Musings by Neil
- Put the saddle all the way down. Do your pedaling out of the saddle. Sprint!
- Experiment with a heavier KB swing. It might take a step up (35/54) to really tax you.
- You should be breathing heavy throughout this entire workout.
- Limit transition times. Those 5 secs come at you fast. Be looking ahead to the next station.
- Don't bother strapping yourself into the row. Takes too long. Plus you are only going to be there, like, 55 seconds.
- No bikes/rowers? Cool. Any 1 min cardio move aimed at incr HR is fine (burpees, running, rope jumps, plate switches, etc.).
The CORE of It
While the rest of the world has moved past specifically training the core, GPP still embraces focused emphasis on core training for its unique effect on our health, fitness and appearance. The popular, present day mantra of the health and fitness industry is that one need only to move in effective ways and the core will take care of and strengthen itself. This is a risky approach. We have learned that strength gains in the legs and arms will quickly outstrip one's core strength. This is especially true for those who don't directly train their core. This compromises your ability to stabilize the core during certain fundamental movement (squats, dead lifts, cleans, jerks, high Sums, KBs, etc.) making those fundamental movements more dangerous to perform and putting you at higher risk of injury.
We feel a more straight forward (direct) approach of abdominal/core training stimulates more strength and ultimately yeilds higher benefit with less risk of injury. Oh, and did I mention - It looks good ON?!
📣📣Ok peeps! Gear up! It's almost go time! Our challenge begins Jan. 🗓 and ends Jan. 📆. Here's how it works: ✔40 workouts in 31 days ✔27 will be REQUIRED GPP Mon-Sat. workouts. ✔13 workouts will be on you. ⚠️The 13 extra must consist of at least a 20 min. continuous and deliberate exercise. ⚠️This could include cardio work, GPP shaping bias, an extra GPP workout, or something like High Fitness, yoga, hiking, etc.... ⚠️Accountability rules and rewards for completion will be discussed by Neil via YouTube tomorrow night. #gpp #gppfit #gppfitness #gymchallenge #workoutchallenge #40days #muscletone #intentionalliving #healthylifestyles #workouttogether #workoutoftheday #workoutvideo #personaltrainers #seeresults #exerciseguide #useyourfitness #fitnessinstructor #personalfitness #getfit #healthforlife #trustyourtrainer #optimalhealth #bringit #yougotthis #motivateyourself #powerofintention #neversaynever