- We will be rigidly strict on the rest times today. Resting more than 30 seconds negates some of the benefits of this workout.
- There is almost no earthly way to get all of these reps strict. Vets, try anyway!
- Take the first couple of rounds to warm up to the deadlifts. Don't need a lot of flexibility at first. Just slowly lower your way into it. By the 3rd round you'll be ready to put a good stretch on those hammy's - unless you aren't.
- The weight for the deads is not nearly enough (for you Vets) to get worn out. Wearing out your muscles is not the point on this type of dead lift. To do this correctly, bend the knees slightly from full extension and LOCK them there. Now, continue with this lift keeping a slight inward curve to your spine with shoulder blades back and together.
- For many of you, this will provide some much needed flexibility training, giving you a deep stretch in the low back and hamstrings.
- Remember, at GPP we include flexibility training (stretching) into your workouts. It is more efficient and every bit as effective to do it this way.