EMOM for 20 min:
10 thrusters 45/65
Post reps completed to comments.
Please be careful. The soreness factor for this workout is VERY high. Scale as needed.
OK. We've been prepping for this for 2 weeks. You are ready. Unless you aren't. Either way - this is going down. Also, with Jonesy programming the workouts this week, you HAD to know this was coming.
A couple of tips for navigating the demands of this workout:
- Know your limits. Not sure why we feel compelled to write this. It goes without saying. Still, Thrust-O is sneaky. If in doubt ... err on the side of caution. If you decide to to only part of this workout, I encourage you to do cardio over the parts you skip. So if you tap out at 10 mins, you owe me 10 mins of cardio on the bike, running or elliptical. Actually, make that 20 min.
- Watch your back! Because I will kill you. Seriously, while you sleep, I will sneak into your bedroom and repeatedly poke you with one of those plastic toothpicks from my Swiss Army key chain. Haha! Nah, I probably won't. I just want to see if anyone still reads these things. Post "Will kill you back Neil" to comments if you see this. Now back to the notes: Keep a tight inward curve to your lower back throughout the workout today. Thrusters are notorious for pulling you out of neutral spine as you become fatigued. Remember - chest up, shoulders back, belly button in.
- Sit back through your heels. Keep those knees tracking over your toes. Letting the knees drift inward or outward causes a lot of strain. Be strict about this.
- If your wrists hurt, you are doing it wrong. You shouldn't be carrying the bar in your hands. Carry it instead on your shoulders. Transfer it to your hands for the overhead in mid thrust.
- Don't push the bar OH with your arms. Your arms should simply be along for the ride. All transfer to the OH should be generated through your hips. Thrusters are a semi-explosive movement.
GOOD LUCK. Excited to hear how it goes for you. Keep us posted!
Classes will start on time today. There is energy in doing a workout like this as a group. Please make every effort to be at your workout at the start of class. I need your energy!