6 rounds with great form @ moderate speed:
20 stab twist crunch R
20 stab twist crunch L
20 twisting good morning (low weighted) R 15/20
20 twisting good morning (low weighted) L 15/20
20 tick tocks R
20 tick tocks L
20 rev. KB woodchoppers R 25/35
20 rev. KB woodchoppers L 25/35
20 side ups R
20 side ups L
Post Rx, or reps completed to comments.
Daily Extras - Complete:
- The videos for the twist crunches and good mornings are showing an alternating movement. For the purposes of this workout do all 20 r to the same side before switching.
- If you are off-site and don't have a stab ball, sub piri crunches for stab crunches.
- HERE is a great explanation of the wood chopper movement (except it's a reverse).
- If you haven't achieved a dull ache (burn) in the targeted muscles (obliques generally) by the 10th r of the movement - slow down/form up. OK, maybe not with the wood choppers.
- Remember, tick tocks are only effective with full ROM. Sometimes we hurry these and waste the benefits.
- Careful now, it's a lot of reps for your obliques. It's also sneaky. You should know, folks have gotten a bit sore after this workout. Almost STUPID SORE. Scale for intensity (weights) and volume (rounds/reps) if you are unsure.
- You are going to run long for time if you don't put a hurry on between exercises. NOT during! Just move quickly between exercises.
- What do you want to do tomorrow? We are a little light on legs (squats, lunges, etc.) and pulls (bent rows, pullups, etc.) this week. We also need to lay off the pushers. They're good for this week. We could use a little running. If you have a fav workout that fits, and we haven't done it in 3-4 months, post to comments. If it works, I'll put it up (and probably act like I came up with it on my own). Ha!
Andrew from GPP NWA shattered the old record. Officially, that's 3:45 for 100 burpees! Congratulations Andrew!