25 stab twist crunches R
25 stab twist crunches L
25 stab crunches center
25 reverse stab twist R
25 reverse stab twist L
25 stab back ext center
250 crossover rope jumps (R+L=2)
25 tick tocks R 25/35
25 tick tocks L 25/35
250 m front weighted run (waiter carry) 15/20
Post "Rx" or rounds completed to comments.
Daily Extras: Sub the 250 m run (honestly, only put it as 250 for continuity) for 400 m.
- Workouts programmed by Amy Ohlson (Shmoopy) this week.
- Note we changed the weighted run (waiter carry). Last time we had folks carrying 2 weights (one per hand), but it didn't work. It was too heavy.
- Calves sore from yesterday? Elliptical for you. No elliptical? Walking for you, but book it.
- The video for stab crunches right shows an alternating (R&L) twist crunch. For purposes of this workout do all 25 to the R only. Then 25 to the L only. Do not alternate sides per rep.
- The video for stab twisting back extensions show an alternating (R&L) twist. For purposes of this workout do all 25 to the R only. Then 25 to the L only. Do not alternate sides per rep.
- Crossover Rope Jumps: Using a piece of tape, chalk or line in the floor, jump BOTH feet side to side over the line while jumping rope. From Shmoop who created and tested this workout:"These are not as easy as one might think. I was a sweaty mess by the end."
- Front Weighted Run: With your arms in an L shape, hold the DBs keeping the weights away from your body while you run. It's best if your elbows are in FRONT of your torso. ROUGH!