Complete couplets in any order. Complete all rounds of couplet before moving to the next.
15 BB biceps curls 45/65
:45 sec elliptical sprint 8/10
15 front squats 45/65
:45 sec standing spinbike sprint
Daily Extras - None today. Watch vid on supplement stacking instead.
- An elliptical sprint = keep speed above 75
- What does 8/10 on the elliptical mean? Females use level 8, Males 10.
- How to set elliptical level? Jump on and crank the platforms until display lights up -> push "quick start" lower left hand corner -> select number of desired level OR up/down arrow.
- Don't sit down on the bike. Standing simulates a sprint.
- Keep the pushups strict.
- I prefer the much safer OG box jumps. Maybe that's because I'm an OG.
- I'll get some vids up on the elliptical stuff later this week.
- No elliptical/bike? Cool do a commiserate amount of cardio (RIP, burpees, rope jumps etc.)
Changes to the Shaping Bias:
After putting on some muscle this winter, we need to harden it up. This will look nice come summer.
Hardening requires more reps. To do this we'll use a "running the rack" technique. Steps are:
- Continue shaping 1 muscle group per day on top of GPP protocol.
- Choose a movement for each body part that you can quickly change weights. Usually it's best to use DBs.
- Run the rack UPHILL (from low wt. to high) for 5 stacked sets. This means you'll have to start pretty light.
- Go DEEP into a burn for each of the 5 stacked sets. In general each stacked set should end between 10-20 reps.
- After the running the rack, rest 2-5 minutes to recover.
- Repeat 3X.
Remember, we aren't just doing reps here. We need some heavy weights. We've been training since Oct. so we are ready. Muscle #gainz aren't just a product of working out, or burning muscles. They are a product of spending time under MAX tension. #dowork!
If you have questions, ask to comments or grab me at the gym.
Do you see it coming?