Daily Extras - Add:
100 rope jumps + 10 extra reps PER EXERCISE, per round.
- It's too cold & icy to run today. OK, not really. We can (kind of) run in any weather. Humans have one of the best heating/cooling systems in the entire animal kingdom. A little cold won't kill us. Not if we are smart about it but, running on ice increases the risk:benefit ratio to an "unacceptable" level. If you live where there is no ice, it's a 400m run for you!
- You're not on the clock today. Just strive to get this done. It's best if you are operating at a level 7 out of 10 intensity. If you have been going flat-out all week (like, still sore from Tuesday) you might even benefit from working at a level 6. If you are still fresh - STORM IT, man.
- We switched the normal run in this workout for rope jumps. We've put a lot of miles on you already this week. Well, relatively. We need a break.
- Normal subs for a 300 rope jumps are:
400 m run
500 m row
90 double unders
75 box jumps (Careful with these. We did them yesterday).
- Today would be a good day to work on your cardio weaknesses. IOW do what you like for the cardio portion. Usually we like you to adhere strictly to the programming prescribed since our days build upon each other. Today, however, since you are not on the clock, and since your only measurement of success is to post "Done" you may switch the cardio portion at will. Just make a note of it to comments so you'll know how it affected you. Do not alt or sub other movements - unless you have specific needs.
- Last thing. Watch those good mornings! They can leave you hobbling if you don't maintain a neutral spine throughout the movement. If you're not sure if you are maintaining a neutral spine, use the mirrors for help - OR ask a trainer/vet.
Love this! (Animal House Fitness & Training)