Daily Extras -
- 1000 rope jumps - post consecutive streaks.
- Add 20 reps to any exercising calling for 30.
- You are not on the clock today, but stay busy.
- It is usually a better idea to slow up and concentrate on form vs. going hard at the clock when you are performing heavy deadlifts and power cleans back to back. That being said, there are exceptions to every rule. By the way, "heavy" is a relative term here. Some of you will want/need to go heavier. If the recommended weights above are well within your wheel house - don't be shy to step up a little.
- We anticipate you'll do this workout in couplets.
- You may not partition. Once you've started an exercise, break-set if you need, but do not go to another exercise until you are finished with the one you have started.
- It is not entirely necessary to work straight through as written as long as you are following directions from above.
- You'll need to watch your low back today. Concentrate on keeping a perfect inward curve (neutral spine) to your low back while doing deadlifts and power cleans. Don't lose focus once you get tired.
- Grip strength will also become an issue if you don't space out some pull-centric lifts with some push-centric lifts. IOW doing it as written is better.
- The OG box jump (for those of us worried about our Achilles)
Thoughts for the week of 12/19
Big week coming up...
I want to encourage you to ..., well, ...,
See, I want to write something about how we should all stay strong; not cheat on our diets; make sure we get all of our exercising done; see to it that we continue to make progress toward our health and fitness goals.
But I can't. It's not in me.
I feel like being with family, friends and loved ones is more important. I feel like one week of celebration just once per year is fine. No, better than fine - it's mandatory for improving health and fitness.
Now here's the thing, I'm not going to cheat - much! Due to this challenge, I've been on quite a roll for a while. I don't want to kill that but, if I'm being honest, I'm probably going to cheat a bit. I'll get most of my workouts done and I'll probably do better than not with my diet. But, for me, the next two weeks are a celebration of life and ones loved. I'm going to focus on that.
Had a super fun week sharing thoughts and ideas with our new certified peeps out of NWA! Congrats Ari, Jordan, Theresa, Barbara and Bill. You were stellar!