Daily Extras -
Cover 1.5 miles. Walk it, hike it, jog it, run it, row it, jump it (1500 rope jumps). Whatever. Just cover it - AFAP!
Post your 1.5 mile time to comments.
- Before you slam your phone/keyboard down in disgust, please note the changes (2.0).
- Why the "2.0?" Because the inchworms with a tuck jump and the v-ball transfers are clunky. It was an idea that looked a lot better on paper than it did in the gym.
- Note the weight of the tic tocks. They are more heavy than you are used to.
- Make sure you roll over to the hips on each rep of swipers.
- Wait! Didn't those used to be called "wipers?" Oooh. Good catch. We did, at one time, call these "wipers." There are still places on our site and social media channels where you will see this. Upon examining the word "wipers" we quickly became dissatisfied with move altogether. "Wipers," being such a wimpy word, calls immediately into question the efficiency and effectiveness of the exercise. We knew we had to change it. Changing the name ALWAYS changes the quality of a thing. Am I right South Davis Training and Fitness (formerly Skills?). Am I right Vasa Fitness (formerly Gold's Gym)? By simply adding the "S" at the beginning of this wimpy word, we think you'll agree, this movement has become 100% more effective and efficient.
What is "Old No. 7?" It's a sermon on "Pride" given to me by an ex-con that has stuck with me forever. Sorry, it's geared toward the first of the year, but in reality it fits anywhere. And with our challenge coming up on Monday (meeting at 7pm) I think it fits the bill. Here is my best recollection of that sermon.
Take Pride in Yourself - (musings by Neil)
Because sweat angels have escaped (as of now) genuine artistic classification. A rabbit...it's a rabbit. Can't you see the whiskers?