25 stab twist crunches R
25 stab twist crunches L
25 stab crunches center
25 reverse stab twist R
25 reverse stab twist L
25 stab back ext center
250 crossover rope jumps (R+L=2)
25 tick tocks R 25/35
25 tick tocks L 25/35
250 m front weighted run (waiter carry) 15/20 ea.
Post "Rx" or rounds completed to comments.
Daily Extras: Sub the 250 m run (honestly, only put it as 250 for continuity) for 400 m.
- The video for stab crunches right shows an alternating (R&L) twist crunch. For purposes of this workout do all 25 to the R only. Then 25 to the L only. Do not alternate sides per rep.
- The video for stab twisting back extensions show an alternating (R&L) twist. For purposes of this workout do all 25 to the R only. Then 25 to the L only. Do not alternate sides per rep.
- Crossover Rope Jumps: Using a piece of tape, chalk or line in the floor, jump BOTH feet side to side over the line while jumping rope. From Shmoop who created and tested this workout: "These are not as easy as one might think. I was a sweaty mess by the end."
- Front Weighted Run: With your arms in an L shape, hold the DBs keeping the weights away from your body while you run. It's best if your elbows are in FRONT of your torso. ROUGH!
- Special thanks to HQ trainer Amy Ohlson (Shmoopy) for this amazing workout!
Day TWO of Jazz Dancer tryouts for the top 50. We did stairs at Energy Solutions Arena. Yes, they are bear crawling ALL of the lower bowl stairs. Backwards. Up. ROUGH! This was at the end of an HOUR of stair and floor drills. VERY TOUGH CHICAS!