3 rounds On Trainer's Count:
20 band twist punches R med/heavy
20 band twist punches L med/heavy
20 band high elbows R med/heavy
20 band high elbows L med/heavy
20 surprise movement (rhymes with a viral infection)
20 T2T side ups R
20 T2T side ups L
20 T2T superman back ext
20 T2T crunches
Post Rx or total reps missed to comments.
Daily Extras - Do another round "for time." Post time to comments.
- If you are off-site, count each rep slowly & deliberately. It's best if you do this out loud! Who cares what that chick on the dreadmill thinks?
- Remember to keep your elbows up. Elbows should be on the same plane of motion as your wrists and shoulders. If your wrist is bent, it's a pretty good bet your elbow is down. This means you are putting sheering forces on your shoulder joints. Your shoulders hate to be weighted (i.e. bands) while externally and internally rotating.
- If you are advanced, do your situps like this. (Hell, you can do it like this - NOT ENTIRELY SAFE FOR WORK/KIDS - if you like/dare. Honestly I HATE this about the fitness industry, but the thought of it made me LOL!).
- Common Situp Fault + Fix
- We aren't going to count the burpees. I think you'll agree, if you've done this before, it's awkward.
- There should be a deliberate pause at the top of each sideup, SBE & crunch.
On this week's podcast:
Better jerseys & better saddles (check out Koobi.com) news, if you are, or know a cyclist. Interview with Ashley Smith on how she got her six pack. Eat in a more natural way - instinctive eating. Our prediction on the next big thing in nutrition.
Cand, Danielle & BC show off every iteration of GPP Gear we've managed to put out this year. Would you like to see another T, or Tank, or etc? We'd love to hear your ideas on design, material & colors. Send them our way. Winner of the idea dump gets free SWAG. Actually, it's not really SWAG (stuff we all get) if only ONE person gets it ...