- This is a weird little workout. It's got some weird moves in it. Moves I've never seen outside of this place. But, it's got it all.
- Your abs work in 4 directions; flexion, extension, side flexion & twist. So, at the end of this one you'll have em all covered.
- Don't be for skipping Thursday workouts. It's not healthy. Thursday workouts are pre-hab. Not just for GPP workouts - for life.
- 80% of Americans have missed a day of work due to back pain. If I were a major employer, I would conduct several GPP core workouts per week and require my employees to storm them. The lost down-time alone would make this worth it. This is to speak nothing of the increased productivity, fewer workman's comp claims and improved moral.
- You ask a lot of your body. You endure much physical (and emotional) stress daily. You'd do well to protect yourself by developing and maintaining a strong core. A strong core is the key to preventing/healing back pain.
- In the old days, we didn't specifically program a core day. During those dark times, it was not uncommon to run into peeps (only 1, or 2 per class) who were suffering with acute and/or chronic back pain. I've had it myself. Since instituting Thursday "Core Day" you'd be hard pressed to find someone who is struggling with back pain within our midst. Oh, you might have a nagging little sore back from a particularly hard KB, or DL workout for a day or two, but it goes away pretty quickly. Especially if you haven't been missing Thursdays.
Happy Core Day!
Burpees on the U! Go UDT!