- Let's do some iso muscle work this week (in anticipation of a rough week next week). I've always loved the effect of this workout on our shoulders (push).
- SLRs shouldn't be initiated from hips or low back. If you are using monkey motion to complete these, drop weight and form up!
- Bending the elbows makes side lateral raises easier. That's why people (read: dudes) do it. They suppose moving bigger weights makes them alpha! Forget the fact that by bending the arms they reduce the length of the lever arm. IOW, they are cheating and missing the fitness in this movement, oh and also the point of it. The point of this movement is to shape deltoids. If you initiate the movement with the hips (we'll touch on that in another post), and bend your arms you'll mainly miss the shoulders altogether.
- Great in-depth demo of a SLR. Did you notice he didn't even look away from the camera at :36s. He picked the DBs up without looking! You may take 5 sec off your time EVERY time you do this today. :)
- Not everyone is built to do high sumos. Your shoulder anatomy might be such that you get pain in your shoulder joints. If this is you, consider what Curtis Jolley PT MOMT has to say about it.
- You may use monkey motion all you want on high sumos! In fact, to do them correctly, you should initiate movement from your hips.
GPP End of the Year Sale
I NEVER do sales. Ever. There are a lot of reasons for this. We can get into it another time.
I've always wanted to try a sale. Seems like the real "business" thing to do. Plus I love the thought of folks getting into amazing shape for the coming year for a discount. So here is my best effort for 2 sales I'd like to try (one for our members, the other for former members).
These sales offers will end Jan 2nd.
The "We Miss You & Want You Back" Sale
If you've ever been a member of GPP, I will honor our pre 6/1/15 prices if you'll commit to 6 months of storming. Not up front. It's just $100/mo. That's 25% off!
"We LOVE Our Members and Couldn't Do it Without You" Sale
Current members of GPP who commit to 6 months of storming can have the our 12/month contract price of $90 per month.
Those who are already storming a 12 month contract are entitled to $80/month
Aimes gets the first tracks of the day while out using her fitness!