Continue subtracting 1 PSC and adding 1 burpee per round until you have completed 20 rounds each. The workout is complete after you have completed your 1 rep round of PSCs and your 20 rep round of burpees in sequence.
Post time to comments.
Daily Extras - Yeah, right!
- You are ready for this. We've been working on the components of this workout for several weeks. Remember all of those burpees and sore legs? Now it's time to put it all together.
- ATTACK THAT YAK!
- Don't over-do it. It'll come back around soon.
- Many refer to Specter as "two faced." You'll see why. It helps to stop for a sec. after 11 & 10, take a deep breath and smile a little. Read Kate's weekly message on the whiteboard then plow on!
- From hungrymotherrunners.com - "Specter is probably the #1 hardest workout, to me, at GPP. It is physically and mentally exhausting. It pushes you to a different level. It humbles you and it is just plain ROUGH."
- The mental part of this is the only reason I posted about it yesterday. It helps to get your head in the game before this workout.
- If your shoulders are smoked from previous workouts, do reverse burpees for all or part of it.
- If you've never done this before, we forbid you to do all the reps. Soreness factor is very high.
Visions of "Specters" past (Jilyn & yours truly). I think she's wearing bikini bottoms. Me = full Monte (LOL! Try to unsee that in your mind!).