Daily Extras - 2 options
- See if you can talk your partner into 10 more min.
- Complete 2 rounds of "smack that."
The real magic in this workout lies within making FAST transitions between exercises. The problem is, you really have to stay on top of things to keep this workout moving. Be warned, there is something about throwing that ball back and forth that can mesmerize you into lethargy.
Plan ahead by distinguishing roles with your partner today. You'll need a counter. Whoever is counting reps needs to do so OUT-LOUD so that you both know where you are. If you are counting, your teammate needs to be looking ahead and giving cues. Toward the end of the set, it helps if the cuing partner gives commands like, "Leg throws next! I'm up, you're down."
It's not that completing slow moving rounds during this workout won't be beneficial. It will. But you'll leave cool fitness stuff on the table. This workout can leave you both lying in a heaving pile of sweat if you'll REALLY get after it. "Getting after it" will greatly enhance benefits.
Last time we did this workout, Drew & I completed 7 rounds within 30 continuous minutes with perfect form (we claimed 6+ at the time, but remembered later that we started 5 min late, and kept going till the end of round 7). Will you take the challenge to beat us? If you do you'll need to know these secrets:
- We were focused on completing full reps - that's where the health/fitness is. We weren't trying to win anything. We were trying to get more out of it.
- We caught the ball and transitioned it closer to our COG while moving with it. The further away from your COG you hold it, the slower you'll go.
- We shortened the distance between us during the throws. You'd be surprised how much time is lost between long throws. The guys in the demo vid are standing WAY too far apart.
- He was the counter, I was the director.
- We never stopped even once.
- We hurried transitions.
- We ran to retrieve our misses. I even positioned us with one of us near a wall at all times. In case we missed, a wall would stop the ball and we wouldn't have to chase it as far and waste time.
- Those of you without med balls should know, I've conducted this workout with DBs many times.
Hope some of this helps. Please let us know your tricks and tips for beating us! Good luck!
Mae's Monster shoulders!