Daily Extras -
- Use weight in your lap 25/45 for chair dips.
- Sub squat with jumping goblet squats 15/20.
- After the workout: complete 2 more rounds of each couplet.
- If you are a vet (at least 4 months), shoot for:
- 20 chair dips
- 20 Aussies
- 15 v-ups
- 20 squats
- Some of you experience arm swelling/pain after more than 50 Aussies. If you know this is you, scale baby. If you don't know, assume it is you.
- Feet together and legs straight during those v-ups.
- I almost never count all my reps during this one. Seems like I just lose my mind during this type of workout and can't count. Still, it's important to me to have some sort of measurement system to know if I am making progress. Instead of counting every rep, I usually just make a goal (workout notes #1) and mark deviations from my goals. What are your methods for keeping track during this type of workout (and Tabata's etc.)?
What are we doing for Turkey Day?
We are going old school.
Remember 5 years ago when we did that "JUMP" workout? Even though I said "NEVER," we are doing it again! Tons of energy in that workout. And I loved it. Many of you said you did too. In fact, I get more requests for that workout than ANY other.
Why did I retire it?
A couple of people fell. One twisted her ankle. Actually, I think she broke it. Now that I think about it - I'm pretty sure she did. Can somebody back me up on this?
Anyway, I chickened out. I never posted it again after that. Which is a shame, because it was A LOT of fun and it is a helluva workout. I've still been dropping it onto private groups, though. The Utah Jazz Dancers do it a couple of times per year. My Ute Cheer & Dance teams did it. My Lacrosse teams do it. But for some reason, I haven't dared pull it back out for you.
I'm over it.
This workout is too fun and too cool to leave in retirement. But, that's just part of what we have planned for you on Turkey Day! Along with the "Jump" workout, we'll also be doing elements of "STAB Medley," "Switched" (for a warm up) & "Rough Boy Squats!" Over an hour of pre-burning your Thanksgiving Day feast!
This year we are charging for the workout. Haha. Not really. Everyone is welcomed. Please bring friends! However, we do ask you bring a donation ($1 per person, or 1 can of food) to participate. Every year we do our best to give back to our community. All donations benefit the Bountiful Food Pantry. Somehow, at this time of year, it just feels right to be using our health and fitness to benefit others who are in need.
Hope you'll join us.