Daily Extras -
- Perform step-ups on 15" riser.
- Complete 20 box jumps to your riser between the presses and pulls.
- Continue for an additional 10 min. (35 min AMRAP)
- A longer step back during the high knee step-ups will increase load on the glutes. Try it.
- Knee should raise above your waist each time.
- Keep your heel flat on the riser during SLSU. Lean forward a bit. Raise your leg sideways to the limit of your flexibility.
- Keep hips square during glute step ups. Shoulders too. Lean forward to incr load on both glutes.
- Keep the shoulders and hips square while pressing the band. Don't be limited by the weights suggested above. IF you can, go heavier. It's too heavy if you are using momentum (punching), or turning the shoulders/hips.
- Again, keep shoulders and hips square while pulling the band. No twisting. Elbow brushes your side with each rep. Squeeze through your shoulder blades.
- Thx to Kate R for another terrific workout.
The Sin Bin is back!
Media reports claim that the average American gains 7-10 lbs between Thanksgiving and Christmas. This seems high. If you ask folks, they'll generally say they gained 5 or so. However, I've seen guys (yes, plural) gain 25! Checked back later in the year on him (April in one case) and 25 lbs. somehow (magic?) turned into 40!
NOT THIS YEAR! NOT at GPP.
Each year WE commit to banishing the holiday bulge by getting a jump our exercise and nutrition. And we've found a way of being accountable to ourselves while, at the same time, doing so FOR A GOOD CAUSE!
Enter the SIN BIN. Here is how it works:
- Outline and commit IN WRITING to your exercise and nutrition routine for the next 25 days (until Thanksgiving), being as specific as possible.
- Pay a $1.00 and/or 1 can of food donation (penalty?) for each deviation to your plan.
GPP will collect your donations at GPP HQ and submit them to the Bountiful Food Pantry at the end of this challenge. ALL proceeds (100%) will be donated.
For those of you donating items HERE is a list of what is most needed at the pantry. For those of you who'd like to donate electronically click HERE (this is a link to BFPs site). I'll also put a "Sin Bin" button in the R sidebar of this site. For those of you donating in cash, the Sin Bin will be sitting on the front desk of HQ to remind you daily of your truthfulness and generosity.
Please post goals and commitment to comments.
Cheating on your diet and exercise for a good cause?