Using a Tabata clock, pick a couplet below and start storming. Complete as many reps as possible for Exercise #1 during the first 20 sec. When you hear the bell, transition immediately (NO REST) to the second exercise (#2) and perform as many reps as possible for 10 seconds. Continue moving back and forth between exercises (without rest) until you've completed 8 rounds of each.
Upon completing 8 rounds of each, rest for 1 min. Then flip-flop the exercises so that you are now doing 20 sec of exercise #2 and 10 sec of exercise #1 of the SAME couplet.
After you've completed each couplet TWO TIMES THROUGH after flip-flopping the order of exercises ONCE, you may put that couplet to bed and storm the next one. Rest only 1 minute between couplets.
Post Rx or rounds completed to comments.
Daily Extras - Add this couplet:
tic-tocks R 25/35
tic-tocks L 25/35
- I sub'd out the burpee to go a little easier on your shoulders. Plus we've already done a fair few this week.
- The thruster is done with a SINGLE DB. Not trying to blow up your legs here. Also, it'll be a quicker transition to the triceps.
- Remember, you have to do each couplet ONLY twice. Do it first with ex #1 in the :20 sec spot, then do it again with ex #2 in the 20 sec spot.
- Try to minimize transition times. You'll need to keep equipment VERY close. If you let 5 seconds go by during the transition you'll waste a very high percentage of the benefits of this workout.
- Don't stop. Ever! Just keep grinding until your 4+ mins are up!
- Order is not important. Storm couplets as desired.
Should I eat 6-8 meals per day?
I've gotten several questions about this subject lately. I was stumbling through the video manager on our YouTube channel today and found this.
BTW - we are doing a GPP Nutrition class Wednesday Oct 21st @ 7 pm. It is part of our monthly lecture series. I'll be going over the best ways to feed your body to accomplish your goals. It's free for GPP members and their guests. Meeting will last 45 min. Bring your specific questions. Happy to say as long as needed to answer them.