10m sprint ...
Continue by subtracting 1 burpee from each round and sprinting 10m until you have completed 1 burpee and its accompanying sprint.
Post time to comments.
Daily Extras -
After you have finished your last set, begin again with ONE and run back up the hill to TEN.
10 m sprint
10 m sprint
10 m sprint ...
and so on.
- I came up with this workout by watching a documentary on Supermax prisons.
- I like burpees. I like sprints. I like the thought of mixing them together. So, when the Discovery Channel aired a segment on how prisoners use burpees and sprints together to help stay fit and pass the time - a light went on.
- The difference here is that prisoners in the documentary only had about 8 feet of "sprinting" before they ran out of room and had to turn around. We get about 30 ft. This will keep your HR higher. Another difference is, our version of it starts with 20 reps and runs down the hill to 1 from there. One of the guys in the show started at 1 and went to a thousand (he counted them consecutively "one - two, three - four, five, six). He did those silly little "halfie" burps though. You know, the ones where they don't put their chest all the way onto the floor?
What a waste.
Of course, I still wouldn't mess with him. The guy I saw on the show was HUGE and RIPPED! He had killed people. Maybe for dissing his burpee technique?
- Do every one of your burpees with terrific form today. Put your chest all the way down onto the floor. From there, jump into the air with your hands above your head. DON'T CLAP! Never clap your burpees. Doing so negates ALL the health and fitness benefit. Everyone knows this. Also, every time you clap a burpee, somewhere int he world, a kitten drowns in a sack.
No, not by me. I won't drown the kitten. It's just an expression, but unfortunately I feel I must write this due to having been asked once, "Why would you kill a kitten?" She was VERY serious.
- Clarifying the Burpee
- Burpee: King of All Exercises
- Burpee Revisited
- Come learn about the GPP Shaping Bias tonight. Meeting is at 7 pm. Will last for approx 45 min.
- High Fitness starts tomorrow night!
The GG was rockin with "Three Bars" the other morn. (GPP OK)