Twist Punches - You have to move your feet on these. Shift your weight back and forth with ever rep. Also, this movement is more about generating momentum from the hips (twist) to "throw" the punch. Don't just push the band with you arm.
Plank Snatches - Again, generate momentum by twisting your hips. If you are using your R hand to do a plank snatch, your starting point on the ground will be L of your mid-line. Rotate the DB to the top of the movement using the stronger muscle groups of your torso. When the weight is at the top of the movement, your hips will be nearly stacked.
Tick Tocks - These are only effective when you tilt to a point of stretch on BOTH the L and the R of the each movement.
Friends should NOT let friends do tick-tocks with a weight in both hands. It's the only way to make a funny looking movement (really, it is - but, it FRICKIN works - so, we do it) look funnier. A weight should ONLY be in 1 hand. Weights in both hands off-set each other. You just as well put them both down and stand there leaning back and forth. We aren't saying there is NO exercise in this - there just isn't much.
Box Jumps are Box Jumps. If you can jump your feet to the top of a 15" platform, you're killing it. Carry on.
The Paradoxical Commandments
by Dr. Kent M. Keith (1968)
- People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered. Love them anyway.
- If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives. Do good anyway.
- If you are successful, you win false friends and true enemies. Succeed anyway.
- The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
- Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable. Be honest and frank anyway.
- The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds. Think big anyway.
- People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs. Fight for a few underdogs anyway.
- What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight. Build anyway.
- People really need help but may attack you if you do help them. Help people anyway.
- Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth. Give the world the best you have anyway.
Tip: if you are doing them right, the bell will "bend" at the top of the movement. It means you are pulling down (engaging the lats). Engaging the lats helps to keep the core tight and the spine stabilized.