A GPP Position Stand on Nutrition
We do not follow any specific nutritional model (i.e., USRDA, Medifast, Weight Watchers, Paleo, Atkins, South Beach, Zone, Mediterranean, etc., ...). Yet, we promote them all.
- GPP has a very broad understanding of nutrition. We are not limited to a singular understanding of any one system and/or it's effects on individuals.
- We've learned that there is no ONE nutritional program that will serve us all equally.
- We've known folks who have thrived on programs thought to be scientifically "less healthy." We've know folks who've floundered on programs thought to be scientifically sound.
- Instead of looking for reasons a nutritional program wouldn't work for someone, we look for ways it might.
- We show folks ways of trying a nutritional program on for a few weeks (longer, or shorter maybe). Of making observations, measurements and tweaks before deciding whether, or not it is working.